“Should I have my garage door or opener repaired or replaced?” We get asked that question a lot. So much in fact, that we always provide our customers with an honest evaluation of the costs and likely results of going either route. There’s a lot to be considered.
- Safety: The biggest priority is always the safety of you, your family and your property. If any component of your garage door system cannot be made to operate safely, it should be replaced.
- Cost: Any time the cost of repair exceeds a reasonable amount, it may be time to think about replacement. Like everything else, garage doors and openers have a defined life expectancy. At some point they’re simply not worth the money it takes to keep them in running condition. When our service technician submits a repair quote you will also receive a quote to replace the entire system. This gives you an opportunity to weigh the options and make a more informed decision.
- Reliability: For many families, the garage door is the main entrance to home. Budget repairs may keep your door working for little longer, but when any component of the garage door system is at less than 100%, the door may fail to open or close at any time.
- Appearance: Dings, dents, rust, cracks, splits, etc can have a negative effect on your home’s looks. Minor imperfections may be repairable depending upon the materials and construction of the door. Extensive damage almost always requires replacement. If only one panel/section of the door is damaged, one option may be to have us just replace that section. Section replacement is dependent upon availability.
- Age: Garage door construction has come a long way over the years. Improvements in design and construction have resulted in doors that last longer and operate more safely.
Of course the final decision is always up to you and your particular situation. Your Indy Door Guy Service Tech will provide you with a fair and honest assessment of your garage door. You will have the information needed to make a sound decision. Once you’ve made your decision, Indy Door Guy will be there for you to get the job done. That’s what we do. We solve your door problems.